- 2015 Calendars are now available from the One Stop Shop (Post Office), priced £5.
- A display of photographs and information commemorating the people of Coalburn who served in the First World War can be seen in the One Stop Shop until further notice. Artefacts from that period (Preview photos) can also be viewed in the Heritage Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am until 3 pm every week. There is no charge for admission.
- Geoff Brown's photos of the 2014 Coalburn Gala can now be viewed in the Photo Gallery on this website. Photos of last year's Gala can also be viewed.
- Also a separate gallery of photos taken inside Victoria Hall at the judging of entries.
- Images of Coalburn today can be seen in the Photo Gallery.
- The Society now has a Facebook page. Click on the link in the left-hand menu.
The Heritage Centre at Coalburn
The Jim Hamilton Heritage Society of Coalburn was established in 2004.
Meetings are held normally on the FIRST and THIRD Wednesdays each month; from SEPTEMBER until APRIL, 7.30pm - 9pm, in Coalburn Bowling Club, next to the Coalburn Miners Welfare's One Stop Shop.
There is an invited guest speaker at each meeting and non-members are welcome to attend. (See Syllabus)
The Society runs the Heritage Centre in the One Stop Shop which contains an archive of photographs, documents and artifacts relating to Coalburn's social history and mining heritage. The majority of these were collected by the late Jim Hamilton.
Coalburn's One Stop Shop
Coalburn Miners Welfare Institute circa 1930
Chairman: Mr Peter McLeish
Vice-Chairman: Mr John Zawadzki
Secretary: Mrs Betty Bell
Treasurer: Miss Jean Savage
Archivist/Newsletter: Mr John Zawadzki
An informative 12-page newsletter, designed and produced to a high standard by our Heritage Worker and Vice-President, John Zawadzki, is published quarterly and distributed FREE to members. (Non-members £2)
It also features a record of village events and articles of local interest submitted by members.